Thursday, April 10, 2008

Cross-Stitch Update

Well, I've been flitting between things these days having to do with projects. Of late I have been re-learning to scrapbook so that I can get our Disneyland trip documented. That's been so much fun. I've been ignoring everything else. I realize though that I have been deliberately ignoring my cross-stitch and I finally faced why yesterday. So I was originally going to do the following:

Spinning in the Wind

I found that when I first started the piece I was unhappy with it. I found out that I really hate 3/4 stitches and this project was made up of A LOT of 3/4 stitches. I thought originally that I could get over myself and finish it. Which I really believed. But then I got through the first row. And YUCK!! This pattern should never be done in 14 count cloth. *ugh*. For my tastes and needs, this needs to be done on an 18 count piece. I know that it would make the 3/4 stitches even more of a pain, but I am willing to do it if the piece doesn't look like you've used cheap floss to do a crappy pattern. I *really* love the pattern, but 14 count cloth does it no justice in my opinion. So there's that. I realized yesterday, hmm..well I am not planning on ordering 18count Black Aida cloth at this point in time and local stores don't carry it :( ...now what? Finish it with crappy stuff? *shudder* no way. Shelve the pattern for now. I'll come back to it. So..now what? Well... how about this piece?

Log Cabin

:) #1: This has no 3/4 stitches!!! YAY!
#2: I think have 14, 18, and 22 count cloth in my stash at home to do this.

So you can gues where I am headed tonight. Am leaving here in a bit and instead of going to my Kickboxing class I am picking up the little one and going to Beverley's (god I hope they're open till 6pm). Then we'll pick up dinner somewhere and go home. I will then play with my little one till bed time and then Dark Shadows and cross-stitch here I come.

Where's my honey bunny you ask? :) Where else? Stanley Cup playoffs at the "Shark Tank".

No comments:

Post a Comment