Wednesday, December 15, 2010

AutoIt Automation Tool

I had to post about this tool that I have come across, used and now have a full LOVE for!  It's called AutoIt. 

LINK: http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/index.shtml

This tool is an awesome Windows Scripting tool.  Language is very easy to learn.  Documentation is really rich and support for this tool on their forums was GREAT!  I love this tool so much that I want to be able to read the forums on a regular basis to keep up with the latest and greatest.  What did I have to do, you ask? I needed to automate the process of bringing up IE, handling initial startup configuration dialogs, and then clicking on a toolbar, putting data in (based on a parameter passed in or not), and clicking search.  Easy sounding? Yup.  Tools provided by this was even easier.  Be sure to not only get AutoIt but also it's AutoIt Script Editor Tool that has additional tools to make life easier.

This LINK will take you to the main page that talks about the editing features.  It's got syntax highlighting, Code Folding, Code Completion (Auto Complete they call it), and a load of other features.  Trust me...this is a gem!

No comments:

Post a Comment