Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Holy crap! I got a job! Holy Crap! It's the end of August! Holy Crap! It's the first day of School!

Well it's the end of August now.  We started school today (need to get pics up soon).  Irene is having a bonus year which means she is doing a repeat of 1st grade in order to get a confidence booster and gets a chance to really find out school is a good thing and not a struggle.



Also, I got a job!  I am now working for a company called DDNi doing test automation and tool development.  So far: I am doing build integration and tool fixing - we'll see how that goes. *rolling eyes*.  I am having a blast and it's a ton to learn.  Amongst the things I am having to get my brain wrapped around again is C#.  Am taking Cabrillo's online class for C#.  If you've done languages before, do intermediate.  Beginning levels for languages are always the basics of how to core generic language stuff - while loops, etc.  If you're wanting to get more meaty stuff, go to intermediate.  I do however recommend the Introduction to Python if you're wanting to do Python.  They don't have an intermediate - but this worked great! If they ever get an intermediate course I would take it in a heartbeat.

I am discovering having used RAD Studio for long, I am now having to learn all the little keyboard shortcuts that I love, now in Visual Studio.  ugh.  Found something neat though - a poster with keybindings that Microsoft posted.

Visual C# 2005 Keybinding Poster
Visual C# 2008 Keybinding Poster

Am waiting to hear back from the teacher of the course I am taking to see if he has particulars he likes too. :)

I am also still working on the Brook Knoll Website for Irene's Elementary School.  That is coming along nicely.  A lot of people want to see everything go paperless as much as possible.  So that's been a good focus for us. Also a load of data needed to be updated - so it's been busy these last few weeks.

Other than that, things are just moving along.  Next weekend is my Mom's birthday, so we're celebrating by going to Shadowbrook next Saturday.  That'll be fun.

The summer decided to arrive in the last couple of days as well.  I think my tomatoes will start to finally turn red.  It's been a cold summer this year (not that I am complaining..I hate hot) but I am happy to have this warmer weather for my veggies.

Boy! I had a lot to say today!  More soon as I continue my learning process! and yes..I will get back to Android development.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment