Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Firefox - How to uninstall Stylefeeder junk from your toolbar

Man, I have to post about this because I found it annoying and got no response back from the people that create Stylefeeder - which I found through an applet in Facebook. When Iwent to install Stylefeeder I found I didn't find anything useful with it, so I wanted to uninstall it. Do you think I could figure out how to get rid of the toolbar it added to firefox? I sent email to their customer service site after much digging - no news. I would have blogged kindly saying YAY!! They helped me out. But noooo. So for anyone out there like me who hunted to try to find a way to get rid of StyleFeeder.com and their junk, do the following

1) Click Tools | Add-Ons
2) Click the Extensions button at the top
3) Find StyleFeeder
4) Click uninstall button
Restart Firefox and your issue is gone.

HTH's others. I know I was happy to get rid of it.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot, I'd been trying to figure out how to get rid of that stupid thing for about a month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanx dude, that thing was really bugging me, and the stylefeeder helpdesk was completely ignoring me - sound familiar? :)

    cheers
    iain

    ReplyDelete