Friday, July 11, 2008

Gathering my thoughts

Well, this year has been a roller coaster. I don't get the feeling it's going to settle down any time soon. January began the era of Grandpa care. June entailed the end of an era with passing of Grandpa Kuchta. The estate is getting in order and as we go through his personal effects there are so many things that have been found. ID cards, and patches from 1919 for service. He was in the army at one point I believe. We've come across a bible that was written in czech. It's positively amazing to see the history.

Things coming:
Change in vehicles. With the gas prices we're getting rid of the Honda Odessey. We're going to a Toyota Prius if fate is kind to us. There is a 4 month waiting list on that one. *rolling eyes*. We'll see.
Estate closer. Fortunately I am an in-law so I am happily ignorant of the process of this for the time being.
Parents going to Scotland.
Getting the landscaping dealt with
Repairing the deck before winter
Re-sealing the deck before winter
Praying our retaining wall can last 1 more year so we can put together funds to deal with that. It's going to be expensive!
Our leaning fence in the front yard

whew..and I am sure i haven't listed it all. But listing helps. I really need to get my notebook check list. I think it will help my brain a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment