Monday, July 07, 2008

Wii Fit here we come!

Well we were able to purchase a Wii Fit this weekend. :) YAY! that will teach me not to pre-order something that has had a serious amount of hype lately. :D. Got a tip that a shipment was coming in to Toys R Us on Sunday morning. Apparently they got a shipment of Wii's as well. There was a decent line outside when we got there at 9am (they open at 10). Marcus was first in line YAY!. We took it home, unpacked it and had a blast.

I have a Wii age: of 29 based on a fitness test. Still overweight..but when did we not know that one ;) I think my BMI was something like 28.++

Marcus had a Wii age of 44! But what's amazing...his BMI was 22.++!!! Really? Seriously? I am so happy at that. I haven't fattened him up tremendously in reality. His metabolism is really still helping him. We just have to get him moving (which he seemed to know for years). I had serious doubts. I thought for sure he was considered overweight given how I was. But nope!! Just needs to move some more! So we've taken on the Wii Challenge. We're going to exercise on the Wii Fit for 3 months - every day and see how the system works. I have to say it'll be interesting. You never really know your weight, but rather it's based on you BMI which is what is more imporant. It then charts your work so you can see your results as you go. The Wii Fit is actually pretty amazing.

Irene even loves it. We took video yesterday of her learning to hoola hoop! :D it was adorable. My favorite is the ski jump. Tonight is the Yoga. That was hard when I tried it yesterday! Talk about control. Am feeling it in my back. Other things we tried: We did tightrope walking, light jogging, doing headers with a soccer ball into the goal (while missing panda bears and kleats (sp?)). Yoga had a load of different poses that helps you to streagnthen and tone. Aerobics had dancing and many others. The Balance games were just all really inovative. We've unlocked maybe 4-6 extras (Irene having unlocked the most). Tonight I intend to that record holder ;). Unlocking more games and exercises has to do with the amount of time you spend with teh Wii Fit. Irene did 30 minutes. So it looks like for about every 5-8 minutes of work out you unlock something in the early part of the time. I expect that as you work out more, it will take longer to unlock some of the more choice games.

Oh! I believe I mentioned our Wii age above. Let me explain this a bit better: Wii Fit through a series of tests tell you how "old" you are based on your fitness level. It's not your real age it's trying to guess. It's tell you how old your body is based on how good or not so good your center of balance is and how quickly you can correct it. I am sure it is doing much more during the test (not sure what), but it is truly amazing how it works things out.

If you have a Wii, I highly recommend this. Never have I wanted to get off my duff more to do exercise than now. If you want an excuse for a Wii, never could I have imagined a better option for buying a video game system. Non-violent, group entertaining and most of all...just Fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment