Monday, April 03, 2006

OH! I did make it outside this weekend!

I actually did do things outside this weekend. I took clippings of my spider plant that has proliferated every where and put them into a couple of clay pots. Putting those in my office soon. :)

And I made a spice pot for a bridal shower that is going on next weekend. I planted it yesterday before the rains came and I walked out this morning expecting everything to be dead. Instead, the plants looked healthier than they had when they were in their plastic containers. I am so proud. :) I didn't kill anything. So I had a grand idea in mind looking for a particular pot. I finally was able to find out that the pot I wanted, was a strawberry pot - go figure. :) Below is the image.

Instead of the strawberries you see poking out of the holes, I replaced it with Rosemary coming out of the top and smaller herbs in each of the holes.

I used Cilantro, Thyme, Sweet Basil, Cinnamon Basil, Parsely, and Peppermint in the holes. I was so proud of how it looked. Am going to go home tonight and take a pic of it if I can.

This wasn't a traditional bridal shower gift by any means, but then again, this wasn't a traditional anything. This shower is a) a surprise, b) the folks are actually already married. They got married in Hawaii and then told us afterwards. :) c) They have been together for years, so they have most everything. I thought this would be nice as a "wedding gift" more so than a bridal gift, but it works for both :). Anyway, I'll try to post a real pic as soon as I take one. Am quite proud of this. :)

Tangent:
So, I as I was searching for a picture of the pot I bought for the seasoning pot, I ran aross this. Go figure!! I might have to get a couple of these. Cool huh?

In case you haven't noticed, I am wild about herbs. I LOVE them. I am growing some in my kitchen along with Lettuce, Carrots, and Cucumbers for this year's summer garden. We'll see how we do. :)

4 comments:

  1. I have to say, I am quite impressed with the image insertion here. wow. So glad I moved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, have you not learned when in doubt of cooking things (growing herbs counts) ask Amber :D I could have told you about the strawberry pot and using it for herbs. I bet it turned out very nice. And those bag-o-herbs like very interesting, you will have to let me know if you get some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. I can't tell you how pretty it looks. I think I am seriously going to add one to my front door step permanently. It's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, that strawberry pot is so coool!! it makes me actually momentarily tempted to grow something. then I think again and realize I have been known to kill a cactus for lack of water...

    ReplyDelete