Friday, April 06, 2007

New Cross Stitch piece update.

Well, yesterday the bug had bitten me so bad, that I went to Beverly's during lunch after my allergy shot and got the supplies. What's amazing to me is that I have a ton of threads. Seriously..I kid you not. I'll show you the next time you come to my house or we hold a girls craft night ;). It amazes me, however, that when I go to do these projects where it is not the kit, I *still* have to go out and buy 5-9 skeins of the cross-stitch thread for each of these projects. Did I mention this just amazes me? This project was no different. This time I was missing about 9 needed colors and black 14 ct aida cloth. Last night I began the organization process of cutting the thread, putting a couple of blocks into the project card and the rest into the repository for future use. I got all but 2 done... then I got distracted that it was time to go to bed...so I have a bit more to do tonight before I get to start the project tonight. :)

BTW: I highly recommend using Patterns Online.com. This is where I got my latest pattern for $3.95. Personally now, because I do have my stash of colors, I much prefer the patterns over an entire kit. They are easier to store (computer), and you can do as many of the projects as you might like - just print out a copy of for that next project. The pattern is not as easily lost, and the big one: If you have a toddler running around with their favorite marker and want to color on "mamma's coloring sheet" you can just reprint and continue where you left off. :D Can't tell that has happened to me, have you? ;)

Anyway..that's the latest. Will hopefully have this piece done a lot sooner than the previous switchplate now that I am back to real fabric :).

No comments:

Post a Comment