Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Thomas is AWESOME

I can remember when I was child-less and heard other parents RAVING and excited about a children's toy that had come to life. I thought then, "My god! They've lost it! Parenting has burned out the adult in them and they are regressing."

Well it's happened to me. We took Irene to see Thomas the Tank Engine. My god, what a fun time! We were so late in getting our act together though that I didn't realize I needed to purchase tickets LONG beforehand. Bummed by this, I thought, oh..I guess we won't go. WRONG! I ended up calling to find out if we could still come and at least let Irene see Thomas. That would be something at least. We were told there would be tons of things to do.

So we went. And man! They were not kidding. Jeez. They had Lego Thomas that kids could climb up on.

Yes..Kids are in the engine are and can sit in there. It was totally cool.

They had soft blow-up-big-as-a-house Thomas. :) They had the gift shop full of nothing but Thomas. Also included was pictures with Sir Tompum (sp?) Hat and even with Thomas himself. So if you haven't gone, go!!! Even though you can't ride with Thomas, their other trains are running.

Take a basket lunch if you want to avoid lines and money issues. We did this and sat out on the picnic tables. Irene told us she was ready for nap just after lunch. :) She slept for 2 3/4 hrs after that. She had a blast. She had that constant "oooooo!!!!" look on her face everywhere we went.

If you want to know more, go to http://RoaringCamp.com

This was a really awesome trip.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like a lot of fun. If you do it again next year, let me know. Maybe we can plan a kid day and all get tickets next year :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo.that would be sooo cool!!!! Definitely. I am keeping track of this now that I know where to look. :) Will keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete